Vitamin C is like “Liquid Gold” for our skin.
This fabulous Vitamin is an essential nutrient required for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body. Including the skin. Our body can not create vitamin C, so we rely on topical application and dietary intake for our vitamin C supply.
Vitamin C also known as L-ascorbic acid is an extremely powerful antioxidant. It acts like a warrior shield for our face that fights off horrible collagen destroying free radicals such as UV rays, pollution, smoke and stress. Unfortunately when these free radicals target the skin they break down and damage the dermis and negatively alter the cells DNA which debilitates the skins outer barrier and function. NOT GOOD!
This is when the powerhouse antioxidant Vitamin C comes into action to save the day!!! Woooohoooo
- It aids in the production of collagen synthesis for firmer more radiant skin. Which slows down the visible signs of ageing.
- Boosts brightening and clarity in the skin – strengthening our barrier which will stay more hydrated and plump.
- Helps to protect cells from UV and external environmental damage by preventing cell mutations. Keeping our collagen and elastin safe.
- Potent wound healing and anti-inflammatory.
- Assists in the prevention and reduction of age spots and hyperpigmentation.
Vitamin C is best applied in the morning prior to sunscreen application, these two together make the best skincare duo.
Why? – Vitamin C can boost your SPF efficiency and SPF can help prevent the vitamin C from oxidising on the skin. BINGO!
Here are two of my favourite Vitamin C products I would recommend.
Jan Marini – C-ESTA Serum
Great for all skin types, C-ESTA Serum is a powerful antioxidant cocktail, featuring lipid soluble Vitamin C, DMAE and Hyaluronic acid shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and uneven skin texture.
Synergie Skin – SupremaC+
Featuring 20% CMF Triacid ComplexTM (a blend of the most stable forms of ascorbic, ferulic, and mandelic acid offering superior protection from solar and environmental damage). SupremaC+ revives lacklustre skin for optimal radiance and hydration levels, brightens uneven skin tone, addresses signs of pigmentation at the source, and provides a rich dose of antioxidants to protect against free radical damage.